What is PGConf.Russia 2018?
PGConf.Russia is a leading Russian PostgreSQL international conference, annually taking together more than 500 PostgreSQL professionals from Russia and other countries — core and software developers, DBAs and IT-managers. The 3-day program includes training workshops presented by leading PostgreSQL experts, more than 40 talks, panel discussions and a lightning talk session.
- PostgreSQL DBAs
- PostgreSQL core and extension developers
- Application developers
- System architects
- Database migration engineers and managers.
- PostgreSQL at the cutting edge of technology: big data, internet of things, blockchain
- New features in PostgreSQL and around: PostgreSQL ecosystem development
- PostgreSQL in business software applications: system architecture, migration issues and operating experience
- Integration of PostgreSQL to 1C, GIS and other software application systems.
minutes of networking
Managing transaction workflows in Postgres Pro Enterprise
It is often required to asynchronously perform several transactions in a strictly defined sequence, not just a single transaction. There are several ways to achieve this, and one of the solutions available is the pgpro_scheduler module.
PostgreSQL and compressed documents
One of advantages of document-oriented databases like MongoDB or Couchbase over RDBMSs is an ability to change the data scheme easily, fast and often. The traditional approach in RDBMS world involves doing an expensive ALTER TABLE operation, slow upgrade of an existing data, and stuff like this. This approach is often slow and inconvenient for application developers.
To solve this issue PostgreSQL provides JSON and JSONB datatypes. Also there are extensions like zson and pg_protobuf. From this talk you will learn how to work with these datatypes and extensions, their pros and cons and also related future work in this area.
Program All talks