What is PGConf.Russia 2018?
PGConf.Russia is a leading Russian PostgreSQL international conference, annually taking together more than 500 PostgreSQL professionals from Russia and other countries — core and software developers, DBAs and IT-managers. The 3-day program includes training workshops presented by leading PostgreSQL experts, more than 40 talks, panel discussions and a lightning talk session.
- PostgreSQL DBAs
- PostgreSQL core and extension developers
- Application developers
- System architects
- Database migration engineers and managers.
- PostgreSQL at the cutting edge of technology: big data, internet of things, blockchain
- New features in PostgreSQL and around: PostgreSQL ecosystem development
- PostgreSQL in business software applications: system architecture, migration issues and operating experience
- Integration of PostgreSQL to 1C, GIS and other software application systems.
minutes of networking
PostgreSQL at 20TB and Beyond
In the last six months I have been working with a massive OLAP environment with 20TB shards, spanning around 400TB of data. Come to listen to how we make it all work, the challenges, and the skills involved. This talk has very little in common with the 10TB and Beyond talk because the data environments are very different.
We will cover analytics performance, data alignment, reasons for building extensions in C, and moving data around between servers in multiple data centers.
Pluggable storages is hot subject in PostgreSQL development. The period of heated debates about whether we need them is over. Skepticism about pluggable storages, based on concern that they may be source of inconsistent behavior, was weakened after criticism of PostgreSQL MVCC implementation from Uber side. It became widely understandable that pluggable storages are needed at least for an alternative MVCC implementation. And that is one of way-points for pluggable storages interface design.
At the moment, work on pluggable storages is in the practical stage. There is a thread is pgsql-hackers where few people are developing patchset and several people are doing review.
This talk will cover following subjects:
- overview of pluggable storages interface;
- changes in PostgreSQL core required to implement this interface;
- current and potential implementations of pluggable storages including heap with undo-log and in-memory OLTP engine;
- current state of patchset and prospective of its commit
- further development of interface allowing more possibilities in pluggable storages (columnar, index-organized, LSM and so on).
Program All talks
Get our latest news!
Subscribe to our news
Conferences like this give people a personal feeling for the software. You can understand why people are passioned about it. They get confidence in using it and confidence that the software is gonna be around for a long time. The conference has people who is responsible for and designing Postgres. And I really think it excites to continue using Postgres.
This is a very technically oriented conference. There is a lot of knowledge sharing happening. A lot of really talented people. And it is also for us a great opportunity to tap into the Russian market, a very interesting market for Postgres.