February 04 – 06 | Faculty of Economics, Moscow
What is PgConf.Russia 2019?
PGConf.Russia is a leading Russian PostgreSQL international conference, annually taking together more than 500 PostgreSQL professionals from Russia and other countries — core and software developers, DBAs and IT-managers. The 3-day program includes training workshops presented by leading PostgreSQL experts, more than 40 talks, panel discussions and a lightning talk session.
- PostgreSQL DBAs
- PostgreSQL core and extension developers
- Application developers
- System architects
- Database migration engineers and managers.
- PostgreSQL at the cutting edge of technology: big data, internet of things, blockchain
- New features in PostgreSQL and around: PostgreSQL ecosystem development
- PostgreSQL in business software applications: system architecture, migration issues and operating experience
- Integration of PostgreSQL to 1C, GIS and other software application systems.
minutes of networking
Experience of using PostgreSQL + 1C in companies with zero database competence
- quiet exploitation (no incidents, critical falls, etc.) of PostgreSQL; 2. Flexible setup and operation; 3. No support specialist needed; 4. Database over 100 GB; 5. Automatic backup and recovery; 6. Fears and work with objections.
Tune your Linux Box, not just PostgreSQL
PostgreSQL is one of the leading open-source databases. Out of the box, the default PostgreSQL configuration is not tuned for any particular workload. The default configuration is designed in such a way that PostgreSQL can run on any system using minimum resources. Consequently, a default installation of PostgreSQL does not give optimum performance on high performance machine because it is set up to use all available resources. PostgreSQL provides mechanisms that allow you to tune your database according to your workload and machine specification. Outside of PostgreSQL, though, we can tune the Linux kernel to allow the database load to work optimally. In this talk, we will learn how to tune some of the PostgreSQL’s parameters, and we will see the effect of that tuning, but we will focus on demonstrating how to tune Linux for better postgres performance. As there are so many Linux kernel parameters that can be tuned to improve the performance of PostgreSQL, I will also share the results of benchmarks obtained when tuning some of the Linux parameters.
Program All talks
Faculty of Economics, Moscow, Russia, 1-46 Leninskiye Gory
Get our latest news!
Subscribe to our news
Conferences like this give people a personal feeling for the software. You can understand why people are passioned about it. They get confidence in using it and confidence that the software is gonna be around for a long time. The conference has people who is responsible for and designing Postgres. And I really think it excites to continue using Postgres.
This is a very technically oriented conference. There is a lot of knowledge sharing happening. A lot of really talented people. And it is also for us a great opportunity to tap into the Russian market, a very interesting market for Postgres.