Database driven development with postgresql & clojure
Duration 45 min
If you honestly evaluate most of our business applications, you will see that they first collect and import the data into a database and then send the same data in the opposite direction.
What if we don't build an ORM wall between the application and the database, but try using the symbiosis of their strong points and special features instead?
I will tell you how we use PostgreSQL and Clojure for building data-intensive medical applications. We will cover the following topics:
- functional relational programming
- jsonb for modeling complex data domains
- functional indexes and json-knife extension for jsonb search
- graphql implementation on PostgreSQL
- logical replication for building reactive integrations
- asynchronous JDBC-free connector to PostgreSQL on netty