Data analysis for all. Developing BI system, working on limited and even shared hardware
Experience we've got after 5 years of developing, deploying and improving BI system http://colibri365.ru used in government. I would talk about government IT reality and our way over it. Postgres performance improvements, using of latest features, overwriting of user generated queries to help query optimizer and other tweaks and hacks to tackle limited hardware problems. These lead us to number of computer science papers and (now committed) patches to Postgres (see Andrey Borodin talks for details).
Dmitry Lebedev BestPlace
Nowadays one can make a decent urban research based simply on public datasets, making interesting and unexpected insights. In the presentation, I'll show examples of these calculations in PostGIS, the industry standard de-facto.
But just PostGIS is not enough. You need tools to import, verify and visualize the data. It's critically important to visualize the data live, to debug your calculations and shorten iterations. I'll describe all these steps:
- Collecting the data: public API, OpenStreetMap; direct user input.
- 3rd party APIs for calculations.
- Visualization of GIS and other sorts of data: QGIS, Matplotlib, Zeppelin integrated with PostGIS.
- Debugging the calculations: live visualization (Arc, QGIS, NextGIS Web)
- Scripting and minimizing the chores: Makefile, Gulp
Andreas Scherbaum Pivotal
Overview of the architecture of Greenplum MPP (Massively Parallel Processing) database. Explain the internals of GPDB. Show how to configure and setup GPDB. How to distribute data effectively for MPP
Nicholas Sivko okmeter.io
It often happens that you already have PosgtreSQL in production, but you don’t have a DBA. To demystify the PostgreSQL database, I’ll tell you how to troubleshoot various problems while working with PosgtreSQL. We will try to understand how to answer "routine" questions of a typical system administrator: - Is everything OK with the database? - What consumes DB server resources? - What to optimize first to reduce resource consumption?
Dmitry Cremer МИА "Россия Сегодня"
- why we build PostgreSQL from sources?
- choice build options
- creation system environment
- how to customise Linux for work with PostgreSQL
- extra soft for PostgreSQL DBA